Tuesday

Hmmmm.... what to drink


OK, it's snowing, I'm blowing off yoga because I came home and shovelled, walked the dogs and cooked a cauliflower and potato curry. No yoga + chores = cocktail.


But what to have? I usually favor the brown stuff in colder months, but honestly I'm craving something a little brighter. I have fresh lemons... a White Lady?


Better yet, a Sidecar: a White Lady made with brandy instead of gin. I can "winterize" it with the addition of a spiced cherry steeped in booze and twist the oil from an orange rind on top, similar to another winter favorite, an Old Fashioned.


Sidecar


Chill a cocktail glass


Over ice stir

2 parts brandy or cognac

1 part cointreau or triple sec

1 part fresh lemon juice


Strain into chilled glass. Plop in a good quality aged, steeped cherry, then twist the oil out of a piece of orange rind on top. Tastes like Christmas, but in a place bereft of snow.


1 comment:

Erica said...

I'm coming over to your house for cocktails next time I'm home. Love the face on that dog.