Wednesday

Blueberry flavored coffee

In today's Minimalist column, Bitten writes about blueberry flavored coffee.

Curiously, we were given a box of this as part of a Red, White and Blue-themed July 4th present.


It's Gevalia brand, which is usually pretty good-- but blueberry?


I generally don't like flavored coffee, and I often chide friends (I'm a big chider) for drinking it. My friend Steve likes vanilla-flavored creamer, or caramel maybe, and my pal Bernie would sometimes bring flavored coffee (hazlenut?) into the office. Despite me not paying for it, I'd chide away.... I once chided my wife and friend Allyson for ordering a white pizza with spinach, tomato, and bacon, as I was eating two pieces of their pie. Yeah, I'm kind of an asshole. But loveable too. I think. Maybe.


Anyway, in the interest of scientific research, I tore open the package and brewed a cup.


Thank you Mario and Alice for the thoughtful gift, but I have to admit I still don't like flavored coffee. This cup tastes a bit soapy.


My brother works for Starbucks, and dropped off 10 # of medium to dark roast over the July 4 holiday-- I think I'll stick to that.

1 comment:

LOR said...

Like waiting for a bus. For days, nothing - then 3 posts all show up at once. ;)
- We are interested in the organic basket thing, but here you have to go and pick it up, and that can quickly turn into a non-ecological hassle!
- I like coffee that tastes of desserts myself, give me huge caramel whippy creamy delights and I'm anybody's.