Wednesday

prepared foods/a damn fine sandwich

I think I eat more prepared/packaged foods than I'd care to confess too. Off the top of my head:

canned beans
orange juice
bread
tapenade
sardines
peanut or almond butter

And probably a few more.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying eating more real foods lately too. Off same head:

almonds
tomatoes
zuchini
eggplant
corn
greens


Here's a good sandwich that combines prepared food with fresh food:

Wheat bread/goat cheese/tapenade/proscuitto/tomato/mayonaisse

Spread bread with a little mayo and black olive tapenade, add some crumbled goat cheese and a sliced tomato, salt and pepper, and a thin slice of prosciutto. (The sandwich eats easier if you slice the meat up into little bits first.)

Slice in half with a sharp knife. It'll drip a bit, so keep a paper towel handy.

No comments: